Butternut Rooibos Pizzettas
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 tsp. rooibos tea leaves
- 2 medium-large butternut squashes
- Drizzle of olive oil for baking sheets
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Heat a small frying pan over medium heat and add butter and 1 tbsp. tea. When butter foams, remove from heat, cover, and let infuse 10 minutes. Strain butter through a fine sieve; discard tea.
- 2. Meanwhile, using a large, sturdy, sharp knife, cut off stems and seedless “necks” of squashes (save seeded parts for another use). Stand each neck on a flat side and slice peel off with 7 or 8 cuts, leaving a kind of octagonal shape. Cut necks into 1/2-in. slices. Lightly oil 2 baking sheets and place squash, slightly separated, on sheets.
- 3. Pulverize remaining 1 1/2 tsp. tea leaves (if already fine, skip this step). Mix with salt.
- 4. Brush infused butter onto tops of squash slices, then season with pepper and rooibos salt. Bake until very soft, about 25 minutes. Transfer to a platter and sprinkle with chives.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per squash slice.