What you will need (8-5oz cups):
60g fresh coarse-ground coffee (like breadcrumbs)
800g hot water of 195-205 degrees
A kitchen scale (optional)
A container to decant liquid (if not drinking immediately)
- Preheat your press by adding hot water. Discard the water and add the freshly ground coffee to the press.
- Place the press on the scale, zero it out and add 75g water and stir. After 30 seconds, fill the press until the coffee bed raises one inch from the top of the press.
- Stir the coffee. Place the press lid on, but DO NOT plunge the coffee. Allow it to sit until 4 minutes is reached on the timer.
- At 4 minutes press the plunger down using even, level pressure.
- If not consuming immediately, decant the coffee into another vessel so as not to continue to extraction process.
- Sip. Enjoy!
Brew time: 4 Minutes