You will need:
16.5g fresh ground, medium-fine coffee (like table salt)
200g water, 195-205 degrees
A gram scale (optional)
- Place the AeroPress paper filter in the black small round filter holder and rinse with hot water.
- Measure out 16.5g of coffee ground medium-fine (slightly coarser than an espresso grind).
- Place the AeroPress on the scale, add coffee and zero the weight out.
- Add 50g of water to the grounds and stir. After 30 seconds, continue filling the AeroPress to number 4-mark (or 200g water). Fit on and cover with rubber plunger of the AeroPress.
- If using a scale, move to ceramic mug. At 1:45 slowly start the plunge. Press with even and slow pressure downward. Total plunge time should be 30 seconds. Once a “hiss” sound emanates from the press, stop plunging.
- Sip. Enjoy!
Brew time: 2 - 2.5 Minutes